Delivering holistic care for adults from wellness to illness.
Today’s healthcare providers are incredibly challenged by the aging population. That’s why leaders are needed now more than ever. Become one. Learn how to translate your desire to give holistic care into proactive, culturally sensitive, and ethical healthcare solutions for adult patients. Each of our Adult-Gerontology Primary Care Nurse Practitioner programs is designed to help experienced nurses provide first-rate care for adults of varying ages.Get Curriculum Details
100% online with no campus visits required
No GMAT, GRE, or statistics required for admission
Complete clinicals locally in your preferred setting
No waiting list once you’re accepted
Online Master of Science in Nursing — Adult-Gerontology Primary Care Nurse Practitioner (MSN AGPCNP)
Enhance your nursing skill set by developing expertise in adult gerontology. This advanced degree program offers an Adult-Gerontology Primary Care Nurse Practitioner track designed to help active nurses excel and provide first-rate care for adults of varying ages.
Want to learn more about the online Master of Science in Nursing program?
Online Bachelor of Science in Nursing to Doctor of Nursing Practice Program — AGPCNP Concentration (BSN to DNP AGPCNP)
Do you seek a clear path to the top of your profession? This program offers a direct path to a DNP career with the added advantage of specializing MSN clinical work in adult-gerontology. The online BSN to DNP program is designed so you can focus a portion of your coursework in adult-gerontology.
Want to learn more about the online Bachelor of Science in Nursing to Doctor of Nursing Practice program?
Post-Master’s Certificate — Adult-Gerontology Primary Care Nurse Practitioner (MSN AGPCNPC)
Do you already have your MSN degree and want to specialize your skills and knowledge in adult-gerontology? Our online post-master’s certificate in adult-gerontology is designed for nurses who seek increased autonomy and authority in their role.
Want to learn more about the online Post-Master’s Nurse Practitioner program?
Online Doctor of Nursing Practice with Nurse Practitioner Concentration — Adult-Gerontology Primary Care Nurse Practitioner (DNP-NP AGPCNP)
Go from your MSN to your DNP with an AGPCNP concentration, and you can earn a terminal degree that helps bring you back into the clinical setting. You’ll earn your AGPCNP along with attaining your DNP, allowing you to practice at the highest level and lead interdisciplinary teams.
Want to learn more about the online Doctor of Nursing Practice with Nurse Practitioner Concentration program?
Why become an AGPCNP?
It’s a continuum of care and opportunity.
Combine a graying society with life-extending medical advances and healthcare reform, and you have the ideal environment for growth in Adult-Gerontology Primary Care Nurse Practitioner (AGPCNP) careers. Pursue this specialty and dedicate your skills toward caring for an aging population with unique healthcare needs. It’s a gratifying career, knowing you are helping individuals progress through their entire adult life.
AGPCNPs fill an important gap as the physician shortage continues to grow. There’s an emerging trend toward nurse practitioner-run clinics and private practices. Today’s AGPCNPs are empowered with the authority to provide patient education on various lifestyle changes, including medication management.
As an AGPCNP, your practice settings are as varied as your care. Career opportunities are available in hospitals, community clinics, private medical practices, home care, physician offices, specialty clinics, veterans hospitals, assisted living facilities, or rehabilitation centers.
Why choose Maryville?
We’re a private, four-year institution ranked as one of America’s Best Colleges by both U.S. News & World Report and Forbes. We’re also proud to have been named to the Military Friendly Schools list for the 6th consecutive year. When you choose us, you receive a highly flexible and highly regarded education with the added convenience of being delivered 100% online. Here are a few more reasons why we offer you the best path:
- Streamline your time and talent to earn a post-master’s certificate.
- Graduate from a program accredited by the Commission on Collegiate Nursing Education (CCNE).
- Enjoy a flexible and convenient 24/7 online learning model.
- Explore important topics that will help pave the way to a better future for yourself and the nurses who follow in your footsteps.
- Take the opportunity to conduct research via clinical inquiry courses that will challenge your assumptions.
- Learn from an expert faculty of nursing leaders who openly share their experiences and insights regarding public health and the nursing profession.
The career outlook for AGPCNPs is booming.
Higher demand. Greater rewards.
Did you know that adult-gerontology nurse practitioners rank in the Top 10 Highest Paying Nursing Specialties, according to Scrubs Magazine? Salary may not be the deciding factor when choosing your specialization, but it can certainly help you weigh your options. Additionally, the AGPCNP has a higher than average growth rate due to the increasing size of the adult patient population.
Why is the AGPCNP one of the most in-demand nursing careers?
- Baby boomers make up nearly 25% of the total U.S. population, creating an incredible demand for an AGPCNP’s services.
- More than 85 million millennials (sometimes called Generation Y) are now adults; this generation is the largest cohort population the U.S. has ever seen. The age 65-plus patient population segment is projected to double to 71.5 million by 2030 (CNN).
- There could potentially be more than 80 million individuals on Medicare by 2029 (CNN).
- According to the U.S. Bureau of Labor Statistics (BLS), job openings for nurse practitioners are expected to increase by 31% through 2020.
- The average salary for nurse practitioners is $94,460, according to the BLS.
Founded in 1872 — Top Ranked for Today
Proud to be recognized as one of America’s Best Colleges by U.S. News & World Report and Forbes.
The MSN, Post-Master’s NP Certificate, and DNP programs at Maryville University are accredited by the Commission on Collegiate Nursing Education, 655 K Street, NW, Suite 750, Washington, DC 20001, 202-887-6791.